Tuesday, 17 July 2012

A Belief In Me


Some of my thought from the 90's

There were times in my life when I could not believe
the great dreams I had were things I could achieve
but step by step I made the change and now I know
that all the things I want in life are mine because I believe.

I believe in the wonder of the new life that was formed
from their first feeble cries were heard in this big world
through steps and falls they walked and stood tall
all because they followed and they too believe.

I believe in people who are there for one another
in the good times and bad , the happy and the sad.
They reach out a hand and help to show the way
guiding, helping caring to stand strong and free again.

Through all of this wonder and inspiration I begin to see
that I can do things too I thought beyond me
and when the lessons learned of who I really am
I’ll have a gift to give and teach more to believe.


At the beginning of every endeavour there comes a moment when the internal voices start to question, “am I able to do this?” That is the moment that we can take a fork in the road and start looking for evidence that we are really capable based on past achievements or a sheer force of will that is the attitude that forms a winning character.

Some call it moral fibre, some simply call it guts. The belief in yourself comes from action. Action which eventually builds a new self image and so we can move on to bigger and better goals that challenge our
spirit and encourage it to grow.

No comments:

Post a Comment