Friday, 2 May 2014

Heart to Heart


Getting in touch with our feelings 
is possibly the scariest thing any of us can ever do.


In the words of multi talented singer/songwriter John Denver we all experience those heartfelt moments which can sometimes be hard to express. John found his niche while studying architecture in the late 1960's the era of flower power and love.

In converting those feelings of the highs and lows of love he captured that which many wish they could say to their loved one or loved ones.

Yet we all feel it at some level, those moments that make us soar and those that bring us to our lowest and most devastated.

Capturing the essence of loss and turning it into hope with the verse, "There’s another side to sorrow, as there is to everything. Like the other side of lonely is falling in love again."

Getting in touch with our feelings is possibly the scariest thing any of us can ever do. After a while though those feelings become as easy to recognise as our face in the mirror. Some we may not like, but they are accepted anyway.

Beyond healing comes a greater awareness of who we are and what our lives really mean. To unconditionally love and respect ourselves means we then become capable of seeing in others what we've experienced within ourselves.

It's then that we are able to 'see through the eyes of love' and really connect with others at much more meaningful levels. 


                                                           John Denver (1943-1997)

I haven't seen all there is to see,
but I've seen quite a bit.
I've seen I'll always remember.
Some things I wish that I could forget.

I haven’t quite been around the world,
but I've been around the block.
I know that distances are meaningless.
Like the hands that move around a clock.

And I know that love is everywhere.
Always safe, always true
and exactly where it comes from
is where its going to.

Your heart to mine, my heart to yours.
Talk about opening windows, talk about opening doors.
My heart to yours, your heart to mine.
Love is a light that shines from heart to heart.

Here I am sitting in old Hong Kong
the harbour and the lights
they’re like diamonds in the heavens
enough to brighten the darkest of nights.

There’s another side to sorrow
as there is to everything.
Like the other side of lonely
is falling in love again.

And then you know that there's an answer
to the suffering we see
and though it isn't easy
it's still as simple as you and me.

And you'll know that love is everywhere.
Always safe, always true.
and exactly where it comes from
is where its going to.

Your heart to mine, my heart to yours.
Talk about opening windows, talk about opening doors.
My heart to yours, your heart to mine.
Love is a light that shines from heart to heart.

Your heart to mine, my heart to yours.
Talk about opening windows, talk about opening doors.
My heart to yours, your heart to mine.
Love is a light that shines from heart to heart.



No comments:

Post a Comment